Monday, December 1, 2014

Lights Are Up

As is customary around our home, we set up the Christmas Lights outside following Thanksgiving and, with a few exceptions, all the inside decorations. The only problem I ran into was that one of our rope light sections was dead and I had to make a trip to Walmart to buy a replacement. Of course, by the time I got to Walmart, all of the lights had been picked over and I had to settle for a strand of a different color. We now have one strand of red, and two strands of multi color. It doesn't look that bad though with the red strand in the center. Below are a couple shots of our outside setup. The first one is before the sun had totally gone down:


and then this one, just before darkness:


All that is left to do are the window lights which I will install today.

Josie tried twice to do laundry at the Laundromat here at the resort and each time all of the machines were taken. The third attempt was successful at around 5 PM.

We then had our turkey that we make following Thanksgiving. The main meal that we have at Brian and Amy's is terrific, but we like to have our own turkey to use for sandwiches and follow up meals the week following the holiday.

I have my interview at Sam's Club scheduled for today, so my fingers are crossed that it results in at least a part time position...
 
 



No comments:

Post a Comment