Sunday, November 30, 2014

Project Finally Done

I finally finished the cross stitch project that has consumed so much of my time the last week or so. It was around 1 PM when I finally took it apart from the frame and washed it with Goop, pressed and dried it between towels and headed to Michael's to take advantage of the huge custom framing sale that ended yesterday. I have the same gentleman - Howard - doing this one that has done the last three of my projects and does such a great job. The 60% plus 20% sale was significant and I saved over $350 on the frame and materials. I'll get a photo of the final product around the middle of December when I pick up the piece. Next year, I will plan better and have my project done earlier.

I can now concentrate on the Christmas decorations that need to be set up outside. We will do mostly just lights this year and not set up the tree that Josie made last year. The problem we had with the tree was the effect that the winds had on the garland and the cone itself. It was a challenge last year keeping the tree upright. We also have decorations that will be set up inside the fifth wheel in our windows and around the inside.

Another nice thing about this time of the year is the almost constant Christmas programming on the Hallmark Channel that we love to watch each season. The movies are terrific and are all about the holiday season. We copy most of the shows and watch them at night when nothing else is good on TV. 'Tis the season to be jolly...

No comments:

Post a Comment