Thursday, November 13, 2014

Bombshell

It was early in the day - around 9:30 - when Josie texted me that Alex Jackson - the GM at Phoenix Flower Shops, and her "champion" - had resigned. It was totally unexpected and was a shock to everybody in the company. He is the individual that is the "glue" in the company and the go-to guy for every employee. He is also the one that treats Josie like his favorite employee and always made room for her during the winter season. Evidently, he has some personal situations that have resulted in his resignation and he will be getting out of the business and moving to Colorado where his brother has a plumbing business that he will join. Only time will tell if the impact of his departure will affect Josie in any way. The early indication is that it will not, and Josie will be meeting with him before he leaves.

I spent most of the day outside washing and wiping the fifth wheel. It has desperately needed a good cleaning since we returned from Jackson. I also cleaned the grill and furniture while I was at it. Once I get into one of those cleaning moods, I don't want to stop. I'm thinking that today I will take the truck over to the RV wash station and give it a good cleaning. Maybe.

The planning for the next chapter in our adventure will be placed on hold - temporarily - while the situation at Josie's shop develops. It's not like we have to do something soon anyway, but it is always nice to plan. In the meantime, we will be looking at options, but not thinking of any time frame - yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment