Wednesday, November 26, 2014

Getting Ready for Holidays

We say this every year, but it is true - Christmas comes earlier every year. Usually, it is Thanksgiving and Thanksgiving weekend  that kicks off the Christmas season but sales, decorations and even the music have begun already. In fact, I heard Christmas songs on TV over the weekend. I will say though, that we have followed the store offerings for the Black Friday store sales more than at any other time. I'm not sure if it is an earlier start to the season or just more blanket coverage for the big stores. Whatever it is, it seems to be working. I'm still going full speed ahead to finish my cross stitch to take advantage of the Michael's custom framing sale which runs through Saturday.

Josie took her chili to work yesterday and everybody loved it. At least, they ate all of it which says a lot since she took a crockpot full and brought it home empty. She left work a little early which indicates either they are super efficient with the orders or the business is still down from the economic downturn. It may be a little of both.

There is an auto show - the annual new car show - this weekend at the Convention Center in Phoenix. We went last year and thought it was pretty much a waste of time, but we are interested in looking at options to replace our truck and smaller Jeep. We are thinking of a Grand Cherokee, but might want to make sure by looking at all options. We'll see.

In the meantime, I will be cranking away on my project which is taking longer than I thought. I need to get it done soon so that I can concentrate on other things...

No comments:

Post a Comment