Wednesday, November 19, 2014

Race to Finish Project

Since we've gotten all the notifications of Black Friday sales and the dates and times that they are in effect, we both have zeroed-in on a couple items that we would like to take advantage of during those sales. One that I have seen is the huge sale at Michael's for 5 hours only, on November 23 between 4 PM and 9 PM where everything you purchase is 25% off, including sale items. I always get my cross stitching projects framed at Michael's when they are completed. They usually have 50% off the regular price of custom framing and, occasionally, an additional 20% off. With this special sale, I can get at least 75% off the framing which is not ordinarily an inexpensive item. Now I am racing to have my project completed before the sale on the 23rd.

Josie gave one of her hats and one of the scarfs that she crocheted to Alex for his going away gift - and thank you for all your support  - before he leaves for Colorado. His last day at work is Tuesday and as he travels to all of the Phoenix Flower shops , she wanted to make sure he got these before then. Here is a shot of Josie and a very grateful Alex:


He will be missed.

The winds finally stopped yesterday at about noon and I was able to get a bike ride in between sessions of work on my cross stitch project. There wasn't much else to mention, so we'll close for now and I'll be back tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment