Thursday, December 11, 2014

Calm Before the Storm

I'm not sure why we were given the first day off on the day following our first day of work, but it is back to work today. Maybe they want us to review all the information we were given on our first day. Anyway, I will be working from 12 PM to 8:30 PM the next two days. Both days will be spent doing nothing but CBL's (Computer Based Learning) about my position. It is a series of modules designed to train me for my position and tests follow each module. I have two days to complete the modules. I don't know what happens if I finish all the modules early, or if I don't finish them, when I'm suppose to complete them. I'll find out all that stuff today. I also have to sign up for the benefits that I want. Most of the long term benefit programs - like the 401K and perhaps the stock plan - are too late for me to gain much, if any benefit from. I don't expect to be working as a full time employee.

One of the problems with my schedule is that I will be working many days that Josie has off. Of course, the holiday season has both of us working longer hours and more days, so it's not much of a problem now. Josie is off today while I work a very long afternoon and evening. It will be interesting to see what happens with my schedule following Christmas.

The other situations we need to address eventually are our planned working schedules at the Super Bowl and at Spring Training. Both of those activities will depend upon my schedule at Sam's Club. It may turn out that neither of us will work those occasions this year. In fact, depending on what happens with both of our jobs, we may decide to pass on Wyoming this year. Nah, I don't see that happening.

We don't have much time to spend together today, so I guess I'll end this entry and do the best we can to make the most of the short day...

No comments:

Post a Comment