Wednesday, December 17, 2014

Long Day at Sam's Club

Most of the work days that I will have at Sam's Club will be less than 6 hours. Yesterday was one of the longer ones at 8 hours and it was an especially long day. I worked the entire day, with the exception of a 15 minute break in the AM and another in the PM, and one half hour lunch break. I worked the Exit the entire shift and was on my feet the entire shift. I worked from 1 PM until after closing at 9:30 PM. I don't particularly like that schedule.

There are some policies that will take some getting used to. One is that you cannot take your breaks or lunch break unless there is someone available to take over your location while you're gone. I had to wait an extra hour before taking my "scheduled" lunch break, and an extra half hour before taking my regular afternoon break. Also, sitting on a stool or seat of any kind during lulls at the exit are verboten. I fail to see why an employee cannot sit down while waiting for the next member to come with a basket to check-out. Like I said before, we'll see how it goes.

Josie will work today while I have the day off. We finally get a day off together on Thursday.

We are trying to get everything done that needs to be done to prepare for Christmas in between our working schedules. It seems that the in-between times are better taken with rest and relaxation rather than necessary homework. 'Tis the season though, and we are enjoying all the TV shows that make the season a happy one...

No comments:

Post a Comment