Tuesday, December 9, 2014

Storage, Haircut and Michaels

Before getting into yesterday's activities, I want to post this nice shot that Josie took on the way to work of the morning sunrise yesterday:


There are some mornings  - nights also - that the sun creates some spectacular effects with the clouds and surrounding hills.

I spent most of the morning running around Surprise doing some errands. I got a haircut at the Mario's in Surprise where I usually go and have the same individual cut my hair. He is an older guy that spends quite a bit of time in his RV and riding his motorcycle during the summer months. He goes to Wyoming most of the summers and visits his son who lives near Cody, so we have a lot to talk about while he cuts my hair.

There were some items I returned to our storage unit and a couple that I picked up to bring home. After putting a little gas in the truck, I stopped at Goodwill to drop off a couple of the components that we had removed from our TV cabinet in the fifth wheel. I advertised them for about two weeks and got no response, so I'll just take a tax deduction for the donation of the items to Goodwill.

We made a trip to Michael's after Josie got home from work at around 5:30 and I picked up my cross stitch that I raced to complete to take advantage of their framing sale. Below is a shot of the finished product:


It is titled "The Legend". As I mentioned before, it was one of the most difficult projects I've done. The reason is mostly because of the buffalo hide that the subject is wearing. It had no distinct lines like the rest of the piece and took many hours to complete. It turned out really nice and I look forward to entering it in the Teton County Fair this next year.

I am still waiting to hear about my training and orientation at Sam's Club that is supposedly scheduled for today. I'm assuming that they haven't contacted me yet as they are waiting on the results from the background check and my drug analysis. I hope to hear from them this morning so I can get that done and pick up a schedule for work. It should be interesting...

No comments:

Post a Comment