Sunday, December 21, 2014

Bowl Game Results

The main activity - aside from work - was the Idaho Potato Bowl yesterday in Boise, ID. WMU lost the game to the Air Force Academy, 38-24. It was a close game throughout. and was played in horrible weather. It was the first experience like this for Austin and he was very aggressive and played  a very good game. His one "big" play was tackling an Air Force punt receiver that resulted in a penalty. Unfortunately, Austin didn't see the "fair catch" signal, and his team was penalized. Looking at the replays of this particular play, we can see how the signal was missed and still credit Austin with a tackle that could have been a key play for his team as it would have backed-up Air Force deep into their own territory. Next year, his team will be even better as most of the players are returning and the experience will help.

I worked from 10:30 AM until 4 PM and it was another circus day. I was given a radio to use at my greeter's station but it had dead batteries. I needed to contact people for help to get a new battery, baskets replenished at the entrance and sanitizing wipes to be replenished at the entrance and couldn't leave my station to get the help. I had to wait for an employee to relieve me for my break before getting any attention for the problems. I'm only working for the extra money is what I keep telling myself, so I won't make a big deal out of the problems. The Christmas shopping crowds are very heavy, and the day is filled with activity at both the entrance and the checkout station at the exit.

Josie and I both work again today. Josie's schedule is from 8 AM to 2 PM, while my schedule - which changes each time I check the time on-line - now has me working from 3:30 PM until 9 PM. The original schedule showed my time as 10:30 - 4 PM, then 3 PM until 8:30 PM before showing the latest time as of last night. I think that I will call-in this morning to verify my hours.

The last thing to mention is that I filed my last claim for the Wyoming Unemployment benefits this morning, so they will cease as of my first day of working at Sam's Club on December 9. I actually received more money from unemployment than I'm getting from work, but I'm having lots more fun at work. Sure...

No comments:

Post a Comment