Saturday, December 27, 2014

Familiar Faces

Prior to yesterday, I had been surprised that in the entire time I have been working at Sam's Club  I haven't seen one familiar face. Yesterday it happened. At about 11 AM Cot and Lois and their daughter Karen came into the store. They were as surprised to see me as I was to see them. They didn't realize that the Sam's Club where I work is the one down the street from their house. I knew that eventually some familiar faces would come through the door.

It was a day that went as expected for both of us. It was filled with many returns - replacements, in Josie's case - and a day at Sam's Club where gift cards were redeemed. It was almost as busy as the final few days before Christmas. I'm sure that this next week will also be busy but I'm wondering what it will be like after the first of the year. I hope to find out.

While driving home after work yesterday, I saw many balloons in the area which were probably people cashing in Christmas gifts of balloon rides. There are about 6 or 7 in this photo that you can make out if you look closely:


This one was just taking off from the other side of the road:



We have the weekend off together and probably will begin taking down some of the Christmas decorations in the fifth wheel. The empty boxes have created some clutter for us and it will be nice to get some things put away. The winds have picked up again today so I'm not sure how much we will get done outside...

No comments:

Post a Comment