Tuesday, December 16, 2014

Lazy Day

I had a chance to pretty much sit around and not do too much yesterday. I finished the prep work for my next cross stitch and chased down a replacement lens for one of our kitchen lights that broke. The lens turned out to be a new light as that's the only way to replace the glass lens. Thank goodness that Doubletree had some in their parts inventory. Anyway, that about sums up my day off.

Josie worked her normal hours to start the week but the holiday crunch is looming. She expects to work some longer hours toward the end of the week. My schedule requires a late, and long afternoon and evening. My hours today are 1 PM to 9:30 PM which includes closing. I don't have any other days on my schedule that look like that - not yet, anyway.

We heard from the Super Bowl coordinator at Aramark yesterday. The effort begins on January 19. Our orientation and training will be on January 21, 22 or 23rd when we must attend one of those days. So far at least, there is no reason to cancel our participation as we haven't seen our work  schedules for those dates. I did request the day off on February 1 which is Super Bowl Sunday. Josie has every Sunday off, so that is not a problem for her. I sure hope we can fulfill that obligation as it will be a once in a lifetime proposition for us - and a fun day...

No comments:

Post a Comment