Tuesday, December 30, 2014

Tough Schedule

Yesterday was an example of how our schedules conflict with each other. I went to work after Josie and arrived home after she got home. Today is even worse as I don't start until 3:15 PM and work until 8:45 PM which will get me home at around 9:30 - just in time to go to bed. As I mentioned before, we'll see how this goes following the holidays when I get my "real" schedules.

We received an email from the Aramark folks requesting our availability from January 19 through February 3rd. We have an opportunity to work many days more than just the Super Bowl. The NFL Pro Bowl is also scheduled for Phoenix and we could work that also if we chose to do so. Of course, the problem for me is that I haven't worked at Sam's Club long enough to dictate when I can take off and how to schedule my time. I plan to take a copy of the email into work today and review the Aramark schedule with the HR person that hired me, Shawna, to get some ideas and/or suggestions on how to proceed. I make more money with Aramark, so if it comes down to choosing, it would be difficult. The Aramark work is temporary and short term whereas Sam's Club is most likely going to be long term - if I want it to be. Decisions, decisions.

I took the shot below of the gas price at Sam's Club as of yesterday:


Just when you think it has bottomed out, it drops some more. It will be interesting to see how low it goes. It's too bad that diesel fuel isn't dropping as fast. I still pay $2.91 per gallon for diesel. That is still better than the $3.60 I have been paying. That's about it for now...

No comments:

Post a Comment