Thursday, December 25, 2014

Curve Ball

Just when we thought we might have some extra time on Christmas Eve, I ended up being the one who worked late. They threw a curve ball at our plans to go to church and enjoy Christmas Eve when one of the scheduled Greeters at Sam's Club called in sick. Sure. I was asked if I could stay the full day, so being the new employee that wants to satisfy, I accepted their offer. Instead of getting off work at 3:30, I ended my shift at 6:30PM, and by the time I picked up dinner at the only open store - Walmart - and made it home, it was 7:30 PM. We get to enjoy Christmas day and then it's back to work tomorrow.

We will enjoy Christmas dinner today at George and Cheryl's and with Brian and Amy and family. We wish we were closer to our family to enjoy this special holiday but maybe, someday, it can happen.

Most of our gifts to each other have been given before Christmas so there wasn't much to open this morning. It doesn't change the fact that we are very grateful for what we have and wish peace on earth and goodwill to all. Enjoy this special day everybody...

No comments:

Post a Comment