Saturday, December 6, 2014

New Job on Busy Day

I finally got through the entire interview process at Sam's Club and was offered - and accepted - the huge and exciting job of Greeter. It is a job to earn some extra money and the important part for me is that I get into the Sam's Club/Walmart employee system which should allow me to obtain employment anywhere we go if I need to work. The job is the one you see when you enter these warehouse stores and your membership is presented at the door and where you are greeted. It also is the job of the person that checks your receipt at the exit to check for shrinkage. I begin Tuesday with orientation and training. I will receive my work schedule at that time.

Josie was with me, so we stopped at the Village Inn in Phoenix for our lunch - or late breakfast in her case. The next stop was at the Westbrook Vision Center where we each had an eye examination. It was the first one in two years for me, and the first in probably six or seven years for Josie. My eyes haven't changed much so my eyeglass prescription isn't worth buying new glasses. Josie, on the other hand, needed to get glasses - especially for driving. So, we went to Costco following the exams and bought a pair of glasses for her that will be ready for pickup in ten days. Merry Christmas again.

The next stop on our busy day was at the Moore Chrysler/Jeep dealership near Costco to get scheduled maintenance on our Jeep. I had an email offering a Christmas deal on an oil change, so we took advantage of the offer. The only problem with that stop is that the dealers take forever to do the work. We waited for about an hour and a half to get the oil changed where it should normally be a half hour, at most, for that job. I must admit though, we got a car wash thrown in for the Christmas special. We are good to go for another 6,000 miles.

We ended our day and arrived home at around 6 PM last night. Today should be less hectic as Josie has a hair appointment at 9:30 and I don't have any "must-do" chores for the day. There is no update on the arrangements for Josie's brother, so we are still waiting on word for those...

No comments:

Post a Comment