Monday, December 22, 2014

More Football

As I was working on Saturday and didn't catch Austin's first three quarters live on TV, I watched the game again on the DVR. I missed possibly the best play of the game for Austin when he tackled a punt receiver on a terrific play late in the 3rd quarter. Here is a shot of him as he ran off the field to congratulatory high fives from teammates and cheers from the faithful WMU fans:


Way to go Austin!! We're proud of you.

The exciting football didn't end with that special play as the Seahawks pounded the Cardinals last night 35-6. Even though I again missed most of the game because of working, I got updates from Josie while she texted them to me. I did see the last quarter and game highlights and it is hard to believe that any team in football can beat them right now. The Cardinals got caught up in the Seahawks' buzz-saw.

The transformation in the crowd at Sam's Club yesterday was astounding. When I arrived at work at 3:30 PM the place was mobbed with Christmas shoppers. At about 6:30 PM, when the Cardinals/Seahawks game started, the crowd disappeared and there was hardly a soul in the store. In fact, my last two hours from 7 PM until quitting at 9 PM, there were probably a handful of people each half hour that came into the store. I could tell they were not football fans. Even the gas line at the Sam's Club pumps were nonexistent. Gas is $1.99 per gallon and I filled up on my break at 7 PM and there were only two other vehicles.

I now get a couple days off while Josie hits the busiest time of the season at her shop. With only three more days to go before Christmas, it is crunch time for shopping...

No comments:

Post a Comment