Sunday, October 30, 2011

Frost on the Pumpkin

It was 34 degrees yesterday when I wrote the blog entry but it went down to 31 at 7 AM. We had to start the car 5 minutes before we left for work in order to warm up the inside enough to melt the frost on the windows. There were people scrapping the ice off their windshields as we were leaving. It's waaay too early for this to happen. I'm sure everybody has seen all the snow in the northeast so we shouldn't feel too bad.

This is the time of year when I always went on my hunting trips in Washington. I was never home for Halloween and Josie had to manage the candy duty herself each year. I miss those times but I'm sure Josie doesn't. Tonight is also mischief night which was always a fun night as I was growing up in Philadelphia. There were many a year when my brother and I would go out and cause harmless mischief in the neighborhood on this night. It is also the 92nd birthday of my mother, God rest her soul. We all miss her.

Everybody at work is waiting for the shoe to drop for longer days. We are still in a slow period but we are pretty close to having the full number of people working that will take us through the madness of the holiday rush. That is when the 11 hour days begin and merchandise is literally flying out of Amazon. It's hard to believe that we have been working here for 16 weeks now. Only 8 more to go...

No comments:

Post a Comment