Wednesday, October 17, 2018

On Time Delivery

The delivery of my new computer occurred a bit later than anticipated yesterday (2 PM) so I actually had only half the day to begin the setup. I powered it on and performed all the initial steps to get it ready for the data transfer. I took it to Best Buy after making an appointment with the Geek Squad for 3:20 PM and they took me right on schedule. The net of the appointment is that I left the computer with them plus the hard drive from my old computer for them to perform their transfer magic and get it ready for my "tweaking". I am waiting for a call from them to come pick up the unit this morning.

I am really anxious to get started on that project as I am getting frustrated with Josie's computer. It has served its purpose, but many of the applications I use need to be re-initialized as they recognize a different computer. It's the same old problem - remembering and entering passwords all over again. Of course, I will most likely go through the same frustration with the new computer until everything is reloaded and active again.

I see where the new NFL power rankings are out for week 7 of the season. The Cardinals are still near the bottom at #31 out of 32 teams. The Seahawks are moving up and are ranked #18 this week. There is still a long way to go in the season, so we hope both teams move up to more respectability.

OK Best Buy, I'm ready for your call...

No comments:

Post a Comment