Friday, October 5, 2018

Computer and Job Updates

It was a significant day yesterday on the computer and job front.

Josie went to a scheduled interview at Sun City Florists at 11 AM. Two and a half hours later, she came out and gave me the news. She did three arrangements for the owner and had a long conversation with her. The net of that interview is that she is offered a job, will complete the application and turn it in today, will get clarification on a couple issues and then decide how and when to give notice to AJ's. Sun City Florist is about two miles from our house and her commute will be less than 5 minutes. Oh, and one of the arrangements she made sold before she left the store.

I stopped at a couple of stores- Costco, Sam's Club - looking for a computer and found nothing at either location that was acceptable. I decided to order directly from HP and went through lots of configuration details to arrive at a good one for my use. I will get an HP Envy system that is configured to last a long time. And, I got an employee discount to make it a better deal. You see, DEC (Digital Equipment Corporation) was acquired by HP. My retirement checks from DEC are signed by HP, which makes me an official HP Alumni. The only problem I have is the delivery date which will not occur until late next week. In the meantime, I will still plug along using Josie's Chromebook which, so far, is doing the job with a lot of extra steps.

Things are looking up a bit....

No comments:

Post a Comment