Tuesday, October 16, 2018

Delivery Today

We have finally reached the big day - computer delivery day. After waiting over a week without a computer, I get to experience the feeling of meeting an old friend. There is so much that I need to catch up on that I really don't know how long it will take to get back to 100% operation. I'm looking forward to the effort. It will begin with a trip to Best Buy to have the Geek Squad load my old hard drive into the new system and get it operational. I was told by a Geek Squad techie on my last visit that the old hard drive is a solid state drive that is larger than the solid state drive in my new computer. They will try to swap the drives which will make the new computer super fast and with plenty of storage. The clock is ticking, and I pray for an early delivery.

We worked outside yesterday to move a couple plants around in the front yard. It was an easy beginning to projects we have targeted on our yard, both front and rear. The goal is to ultimately join the two patios we have in the back, without breaking the bank. We may visit the home show which is in town this coming weekend to get some ideas.

We got the very sad news yesterday, along with the rest of the world, about the sudden passing of a giant in the business world - Paul Allen. He is the owner of the Portland Trailblazer's basketball team and the Seattle Seahawks. He was directly responsible for bringing respectability to both teams. Not to mention his generosity and contributions to the community. I will also never forget watching him and Bill Gates in the early 80's develop Microsoft into a world computer software giant. RIP Paul Allen...

No comments:

Post a Comment