Thursday, October 4, 2018

Computer End of Life

While working on my computer yesterday, my screen decided to die. I could power it up, but could get no boot sequence to appear. I couldn't get anything to appear.....total black screen. I packed it up and took it to Best Buy to have their Geek Squad check it out. Well, the news was bad. The panel or controller for the screen was bad and would cost about $300 to repair, plus take about 2-3 weeks for the whole process. That would not work. I checked their inventory of new computers and found nothing that would work for me. In a nutshell, I have to get a replacement and it most likely will result in disruption of my normal computer activities - such as the blog. I am writing this on Josie's system which is a Chromebook computer but I have found a way to get to most of my key applications. I will check local sources for a new one, but suspect I will end up ordering one from HP directly. That's how I acquired all my previous systems anyway. That is the only way to get exactly what I want.

Josie has an interview this morning at a local flower shop and we hope that goes well as it is a big shop. She is also going to contact her doctor to get some help with handling the stress that she has been suffering with since she started her job at AJ's. I think a change to a local shop with a short commute will certainly help with reducing her stress.

That's about it for now and I will keep you posted on all developments...

No comments:

Post a Comment