Saturday, October 31, 2015

Officially a UBER-ite

It was 10 AM by the time I got the Jeep vacuumed and ready for my first trip as a driver for UBER. I set up the phone on the UBER site and signed on. It wasn't more than a minute before I received my first rider. I did three pickups by 11:30 and took a lunch break before doing another three pickups between 1:30 and 3 PM. The lunch break included a stop at Josie's shop to pick up her check, say hello and deposit the check in the bank. Overall, I did 6 pickups in three hours on the clock and made close to $50 net for the first day. Not bad for three hours work.

There were only a few concerns and/or problems on my first day. It will take some time to get use to using the application on my phone. There are some features I'm not sure about yet and there are some things I'm not sure about as far as messages that are part of a transaction when the trip ends. An unexpected problem I had was the battery discharging so fast on my phone. I only get about three hours of use on each charge with the phone being on all the time.  Everything will become clear as the time goes on and I gain more experience. The great things are: Rides are available all the time when you are signed on to drive, the riders are notified when you arrive to pick them up and they are told what vehicle to look for so that I don't have to worry about whether I'm seen or not, there is no money exchanged, I can work as long as I want - when I want - and I don't have to worry about wasting time between pickups. There is also always somebody available to chat with online if you run into any kind of problem or situation that needs immediate attention.

Projecting the first day activity, if I work 5 hours per day between 10AM and 3PM for 4 days per week, I should make about $1200 per month. That is better than any job I've seen considering the hours and the pay and the flexible schedule. In short, I love it so far.

I will work again today as the plan is to work the same schedule as Josie. She works until 5 today, and with it being Halloween, we have some things to get ready before the kids begin to show. Don't forget that Daylight Savings time ends tonight and, if you don't live in Arizona, you will turn your clocks back one hour.

Happy Halloween everybody...

No comments:

Post a Comment