Wednesday, October 21, 2015

More Stormy Weather

The stormy weather is still with us and we expect more today. I'm hearing that the El Nino effect is going to be felt more this year than in recent years, and it looks like we have a good head start. It not only rained - hard - but we had hail to boot. This is what the storm deposited outside our house:




And to think that just a couple days ago I was pointing out that summer just doesn't want to go away. Going away is one thing, but with a vengeance is another.

I finished the task of removing all the broken glass from our shattered picnic table. I ended up taking the Shop-Vac and sucking up all the rocks and broken glass and moving them to the corner of our property where the glass won't affect anything or anybody. That leaves a fairly thin layer of stone in the area where the table shattered, but, eventually, I will get it all raked and evenly distributed once again. I also was able to assemble the new table and today we will place the new glass on the table and place the umbrella back in the stand. We will be more careful with this one.

I discovered while working on that project that our shovel is missing and I had to go buy another one. I'm guessing that our landscaper and his partner drove off with it after they were moving the sand for our backyard project. It only cost $15 for the new shovel so I can just chalk that up to the final payment (I hope) to that guy...

No comments:

Post a Comment