Tuesday, October 27, 2015

Jump on Christmas

I'm sure there are some folks that can say they have done all their Christmas shopping already and are set for the Holiday. We aren't one of those households. In fact, we didn't even have a tree before yesterday.

We donated our Christmas tree when we left to go on the road over seven years ago. Our Christmases have been celebrated using a three foot tree that we could travel with. So, we have been looking around at deals on trees and we pulled the trigger yesterday. Michael's issued an ad yesterday for artificial trees at $100 off on the size we have been looking for (7.5ft). I went to Michael's to check out their selections and discovered that the trees that were on sale were not as good quality as the ones we spotted at Costco, even though they were about $80 cheaper with the coupon. I verified the differences by going to Costco to make sure, while the tree at Michael's was still fresh in my mind. While at Costco, I saw that their inventory of the tree we liked was shrinking, so I bought one. As you probably know, if you see something at Costco that is a good deal, you need to buy it right away or they will run out of them. So, we are set now with a nice tree for Christmas - all we need is some money to put some gifts under it at Christmas time.

I did more research on UBER as a possibility to earn some extra money. As I have completed all the steps to become a UBER Partner (driver), I am ready to give it a try. That seems like a good fit for what I am looking for - a job where I can work whenever I wish without a set schedule. I just need to sign on as being available to drive somebody somewhere and they will text the information to me and I can pick them up at the designated location and drive them to their destination using the UBER navigation application on my phone. There is no money exchanged as UBER collects the money and pays me directly. I've read some good reviews by people that have signed up, so I'll see how it goes.

Great win by the Cardinals last night as they defeated the Baltimore Ravens, 26-18. It looks like a long season ahead for the Ravens who made the playoffs last year. The Cardinals go to 5-2 and it is looking good for them to have a great season - if they can stay healthy...

No comments:

Post a Comment