Sunday, October 25, 2015

Retry at Amazon

My second attempt to discuss opportunities at Amazon.com yesterday was derailed. I arrived at the location for an interview and the first problem was that I forgot my phone which I felt I needed to extract phone numbers for the application process. So, it was back home to get the phone and return to try again. The location is only 10 minutes from our house, so it was no problem. The real problem when I returned was that there were no parking spaces within a hundred yards of the door. That should have been my first clue. When I walked through the door, my first reaction was that it was a zoo. There must have been two hundred people divided into 5 areas in various parts of the application process. It seemed like all of them were young people, Mexican and/or blacks. I was so discouraged that I asked the person manning the computer station at the entrance when would be a good time to come so that it wouldn't be so crowded. She only said that the earlier, the better. So I am considering another attempt at 8 AM this morning. Amazon.com is known for hiring young people as a result of their fast pace and heavy physical requirements for the job. The fact that they have five different locations within the Phoenix area also could be a reason for so many applicants. At this point, I am not holding out much hope for satisfying my requirements for a job.

Western Michigan University won again yesterday - 35-13 over Miami of Ohio - to bring their record to 4-3 for the season. They are undefeated in their conference and are in first place in the division. A bowl game is becoming a possibility if they can continue the winning ways. Another pleasant surprise from Kalamazoo yesterday was the first place finish by Patty in their tailgate group chili cook-off. She won the crown for the best chili - congratulations to Patty. We look forward to seeing some pictures on Facebook from yesterday's events.

Today's football schedule on TV is ho-hum as the Seahawks already played - and won - on Thursday night, and the Cardinals play tomorrow night against Baltimore on Monday Night Football. I'm sure I can find one or two games that would be worth watching. That is, as long as Josie doesn't have other plans for me...

No comments:

Post a Comment