Saturday, October 24, 2015

Amazon Potential

One important (to me) omission in yesterday's entry was reporting the result of the Thursday Night Football game between the Seattle Seahawks and the San Francisco 49er's. It was no contest. The Seahawks played the kind of game they are capable of and won, 20-3, while giving up only a total of 150 yards to the 49er's. All four losses that the Seahawks have are the result of blown leads in the 4th quarter. Thursday, they were not going to allow that to happen. In fact, the analysts indicated that the Seahawks should be 6-1 at this point in the season instead of 3-4. They clicked on all cylinders although they still need to protect Russell Wilson, their quarterback, better than they have been so far this season.

I received a phone call from Amazon.com asking me to come back and work at one of their warehouse/fulfillment centers in the Phoenix area. The interviews were being held close to us here in Glendale, so I drove over to the location where they were conducting the interviews. The company handling the interviews - integrityjobsphoenix.com - needed to have more identification from me before beginning the process. I didn't have the proper forms of ID - passport and driver's license - so I have to come back today, if interested. I talked to Josie about the possibility last night and if I can get a job working the same days she works (Mon, Tue, Fri and Sat), can work a less physical job than before (in Campbellsville, KY), the pay is good and the warehouse isn't too far away - I would sign up. I will talk to them today.

I also have communicated with the company called UBER that I'm sure you have heard about. They are a transportation company where you actually operate your own vehicle as a taxi service for local customers that pay their fares online and want more personal service. There are some concerns about that job that I am sorting out and trying to resolve in my mind. The main one is that I would have to be on call most of the time and that is not the kind of schedule I want for any job. The pay is good though, so I haven't eliminated it totally as yet.

Don't get the idea that I have to have a job as I don't. The extra money would be great and we could do some of the things we have planned to do that are beyond our budget right now. If the right opportunity comes along, I would jump on it, and get back into the workforce. I feel that working would also keep me healthy and active and make it easier to lose this excess flab that has appeared since I quit working at Sam's Club...

No comments:

Post a Comment