Friday, October 30, 2015

WMU Wins Big

Western Michigan's game this week was played on Thursday night and was broadcast live on the CBS Sports Channel. The game, against Eastern Michigan University was a blowout, won by WMU 58-28, and wasn't as close as the score indicates. Austin had a stellar game and made many Special Team tackles, including the first three kick coverages in the first quarter. That makes them 4-0 in the conference - 5-3 overall - and in first place in their Division. If they continue to play at this level, they will again be invited to a bowl game this year. Speculation at this early stage is the Bahamas bowl which would be a great trip. It is so exciting watching Austin and the WMU team on TV, especially as they improve with every game.

Our second - and final treatment for scorpions was yesterday. Unfortunately, it rained not too long after the application, so we aren't sure just how effective the treatment will be. We haven't seen any scorpions for about 3 weeks now, so we have our fingers crossed that they are hunkered down for the winter season.

It's back to work for Josie today and I plan to begin my driving experience with UBER. I am a little nervous about the first few trips as I am not quite sure how the application will work on my phone. Everything is set up to go, so I guess the only way to eliminate the concerns is to dive right in and begin the trips. I will sign out for the day at 5 PM so that I minimize most chances of picking up questionable fares. I hope I can report good news of my first experience in tomorrow's post...

No comments:

Post a Comment