Sunday, November 1, 2015

Successful Halloween

The major story from yesterday was, of course, Halloween. We had purchased three of those huge bags of candy at Costco to give to the trick-or-treaters and we went through 2.5 of them. They each contained about 200 pieces of candy. We haven't had a Halloween experience like the one last night since we lived in Toledo, OH, in the mid 1970's.

This is how we set up our front for the occasion:




 
We sat outside on our chairs with a bottle of wine and settled in at 5:50 for the crowd. This is a photo taken during the evening:



 Our neighbor across the street was all set to go at the same time:


The fun began at almost 6 PM and we had steady groups of kids and whole families until 8:30 PM. These shots will give some indication of the crowd:




It was a fun time for us as we got to enjoy a "real" Halloween for the first time in many years. We estimate that we had a couple hundred trick-or-treaters for the night. Once the kids started coming around for the second time and they got older, we closed it down and turned out the lights.

My day with UBER was dead. I started out at 10 AM again and did not get one rider for an hour that I was signed on to drive. I did get one rider that cancelled his ride before I got a chance to pick him up at his location. I tried again in the afternoon for about a half hour and still had no riders. I suspect that the real action didn't begin until later in the afternoon and close to the end of the trick-or-treat time, and for sure, when the parties were breaking up. I wanted no part of that action. I will try again Monday as Josie is off today and we will both enjoy the day off together...

No comments:

Post a Comment