Monday, November 9, 2015

Lowe's and Home Depot

We have been tossing around different options for decorating our house outside for the Christmas season. The good items usually go fast before the season begins so our strategy was to try and get everything that we might like to use before they get sold out at the stores. Stores like Lowe's and Home Depot always seem to have the best selections with decent prices, so that's where we went yesterday.

I think we are set to go with our outside decorations - except for the clips to hang the lights. It has been many years since I climbed a ladder to do any lights on a house, so I'm still not sure what the best solution is for attaching them to the roof. The hammer and nails route is old, so I will try to figure out how all these different clips work. You wouldn't think that such a simple project would involve so much evaluation but, hey, I'm new at this again.

There weren't too man interesting - to me, anyway - football games on yesterday. I was definitely happy to see the Broncos lose their first game of the year to the Colts. I am not a Peyton Manning fan to begin with, so that was exciting. I was also happy to see the Eagles beat the Cowboys, 33-27. Anytime the Cowboys lose it is a good day, but especially to the Eagles. The second half of the season begins now and it will be much different from the first half. We will see who the elite teams are and see who survives the toughest part of the schedule. I just hope the Cardinals and Seahawks stay healthy and make it to the end of their schedules as two of those elite teams...

No comments:

Post a Comment