Saturday, November 7, 2015

Pattern

It appears that a pattern is forming for my Uber workdays. Almost all of my riders are of young, college age with a couple older folks thrown in. Almost all of my trips are relatively short - less than $10 fare, and the wait between trips seems to run about a half hour. I did 4 trips yesterday during 3 hours of online, available-to-drive time. I start driving around 10 AM in order to miss the morning work traffic, take out about an hour in the middle of the day to do my errands and personal stuff, and drive to about 3 PM in the afternoon so that I miss the evening rush hour traffic. I may have to increase my availability if I want to make the kind of money that I expect to make. I still love the flexibility and freedom to work any hours I wish. I also wanted to mention that I found out in the class the other night that I am able to drive in any Arizona city that I wish. I am not able to drive in other states though, as that requires a different drivers license and registration. That is a nice benefit.

We both work again today and I expect to put in my usual time driving for Uber. Depending on the football games that are being televised today, the day may be shorter, although I am able to work earlier and/or later as a result of it being Saturday - there shouldn't be any rush hour traffic.

Thanksgiving is creeping up on us and we will have to finalize all the plans for our hosting the dinner this year. We already have purchased the turkey and some other items, but we need to make sure that all of our guests know about the plans. That needs to be done this weekend sometime. Josie will probably make the calls to everybody and make sure there are no questions. It should be a fun day and we are hoping that it all come together...

No comments:

Post a Comment