Friday, November 6, 2015

Uber 101

I'll start off with the review of my Uber 101 class that was held last night in Tempe, AZ:


(The small print says: 5years, 340+ cities, 61 countries)

There were about 100 people present and from a show of hands at the start of the class, more than half of the attendees have not performed their first trip yet. The class was about an hour and a quarter and was mostly a disappointment for me. I went to the class with a few questions, but there were so many people and so much emphasis on getting started, I didn't get a chance to ask my questions. Besides, it was a challenge (for me) trying to understand what the presenter was saying in the large room. I did get several new website addresses though that should provide the answers for me.

We also went to the RV show at the stadium during the day. That also was a disappointment for us. The show was solely put on by La Mesa RV, a large dealer in the Phoenix area. That was OK, but the inventory they had looked pretty much the same as the last time we attended their show. We didn't stay very long and left after about a half hour. It's a good thing that parking was free and the show was free.

The real good news from yesterday was the result of WMU's football game against Ball State University in Kalamazoo. Austin's team won again, 54-7, and they keep looking better and better each game. They are in first place in the MAC Conference and are 5-0 in Conference play. They are once again bowl eligible - for the second straight year - and, depending on how they finish their final three games, will have some nice choices for a bowl. That is very exciting...

No comments:

Post a Comment