Monday, November 23, 2015

Exciting Sunday of Football and Racing

It was a pretty good day to watch sports on TV yesterday. Starting with the NASCAR race in Miami that was the final Sprint Cup race in the career of Jeff Gordon. He even led the race for a time, before mechanical issues interfered and he ended up finishing in sixth place - third place overall in the Cup Standings for 2015. He will be missed, for sure, after 23 successful years.

Then, there was the excitement of a couple football games that further separated  my favorites from the rest of the league. The Seahawks, as expected, had no problem dispensing with the San Francisco 49er's, 29-13. That win, along with winning the rest of their games this season, is necessary to keep pace with our Arizona Cardinals who won a thriller in the last seconds over the Cincinnati Bengals, 34-31. It's Carson Palmer and Larry Fitzgerald all the way for the Cardinals. Although the Seahawks are still three games behind the Cardinals, I expect both teams to make the playoffs. I hope I'm not disappointed.

I received a text message from UBER last night reminding me that I could make an average of $46 for a fare at the Cardinals Stadium following the game. Are you kidding me? How would I find my rider, in the dark, among 80,000 fans departing the stadium. Also, how long would you think it would take to get clear of the traffic jam following the game? I think a better expectation would be $146 instead of $46. Besides, my rider(s) would probably be "sloshed" anyway. No thanks.

This week officially begins the Christmas season with Santa coming to town on Thursday (Thanksgiving). I need to get our lights strung outside and our Christmas tree up. For some reason, it doesn't seem like it's been a year since I last did that. This time it is on a different home and the tree is lots bigger than the one we used the last six or seven years in our fifth wheel. This Thanksgiving and Christmas are extra special for us...

No comments:

Post a Comment