Tuesday, November 10, 2015

Ready for Spring Training

I completed our application paperwork yesterday for the 2016 Spring Training season. We will both be Retail Cashiers at the merchandise store location in Surprise Stadium. It will, hopefully, be a lot less stressful than the concession stands. That's not to say it won't be busy, but we will not have to deal with running out of condiments, hot dogs, popcorn, etc., and I won't have to run back and forth from the kitchen to get food items. We'll give it a try this coming year.

I didn't have any trips yesterday for Uber but I only signed on for about 45 minutes in the morning. I wanted to try a different area to see if I could shorten the wait time between riders and also see if I could get some longer trips. Almost all of the trips I've had so far have only been a few miles, and there isn't much money in those. The area I tried was dead. Anyway, I had to do a lot of things at home (like, complete the paperwork for Spring  Training), so I cut it short yesterday. I have a lot of organizing to do yet in my den, so I will most likely have another short day today. There just aren't enough hours in the day to get everything done that I would like to do.

The bowl talk is heating up for Austin's team - WMU. They have three games remaining on their schedule, and depending on how they finish, they could choose from some pretty exciting locations. The Bahamas is one that is mentioned, along with Boca Raton, FL, and San Diego, CA among others. We talked to Patty about the options on Sunday and we will be excited to follow their progress. It seems that most of the bowls will be played before Christmas which leaves us out of any possibility to attend. Josie absolutely cannot get time off from the busy shop before Christmas. If their is any chance to have one following Christmas, we will most likely go.

There are just over two weeks left before Thanksgiving, so we have to get into gear and get everything ready for Thanksgiving Dinner and the family visitors. That will be a fun day...

No comments:

Post a Comment