Tuesday, November 3, 2015

Wait Time

The only negative that I see at this stage of my UBER experience is the wait time. I don't understand yet how they determine where to send me to expect a lower wait time between trips. When I sign on to drive I am given an opportunity to accept a short trip - at my expense - to an area they select where I may get a trip assigned quicker than if I stay at home waiting for one to be assigned. So far, I have had better success driving to Glendale. Twice I have been assigned trips while entering downtown Glendale on my way to a recommended wait location. Other times, I still wait between trip assignments - sometimes for an extended period of time - no matter where I wait. Yesterday was one of those occasions. I was signed-on to drive for three hours but was only assigned three trips. It could have been the result of an issue they had with my vehicle registration. I received an email stating that they needed a better image of my registration. I could have been held back as a result of that issue which I have taken care of yesterday afternoon. I'll check on that this morning to make sure there are no outstanding issues.

I receive daily updates from Workamper News regarding openings for employment. That is how we located the opportunities that we worked during our time on the road. The update from yesterday included a request for cashiers and cooks for the Spring Training games in Surprise Stadium where we worked for two years. We may try to apply again for a cashier position in the retail store at the stadium. We will see about that.

I will go with Josie this morning to deliver a piece for a funeral service at a location in Avondale. It needs to be there by 7:30 AM, so I will help her with it before she goes into the shop for her regular schedule. Then, I will check on the registration situation on my vehicle before driving again for UBER today. The registration document is fairly large, so the problem is getting the entire image captured, clearly, using the camera on my smart phone. Maybe the smart phone isn't so smart:)...


No comments:

Post a Comment