Wednesday, November 4, 2015

Uber101

I received an email and a text message yesterday inviting me to attend a class on Thursday - Uber101. It came at a good time as I was getting somewhat frustrated by some of the questionable functions of the software. I ran into the same problem yesterday that I've had for the last several days, and that is getting the trips started when I pick up a rider, and also ending the trip when we arrive at the destination. The software doesn't automatically bring up the information on the screen for these functions and I can't find out anywhere on the help screens how I can make it work smoothly. I will certainly find out on Thursday evening at 6:30 PM when I attend the class being held in Tempe.

I drove for only a couple hours yesterday and had a couple short trips and one cancellation. The good news is that my first week's pay was automatically deposited in my bank account this morning so that part of the system works great. Good thing! I also got my second tip yesterday and Josie suggested I put those in a jar and just let them accumulate. That's a good idea, as then I'm not likely to spend it on something I won't remember.

We also received a response from Danny, our manager from Aramark at the Spring Training games. He was happy that we were coming back and has put us on the sheet as Retail Cashiers at the stadium for the games this year. As the Royals have won the World Series, we would expect larger crowds this coming year and more Royals merchandise being sold. It's nice having the World Series champions sharing the facility (with the Texas Rangers) that we will be working.

Josie is off the next two days so I will also take the days off from driving. Part of our agenda for the next couple days includes finalizing our plans for Thanksgiving. We will plan to have everybody at our house for Thanksgiving dinner this year. After all the years that we were not able to have it at our house, we can now step up and contribute. We only wish that Patty and her family could be included. Maybe Christmas will be the time for them to come and visit. If there is not a bowl game for Austin this year, I believe they are planning to come...

No comments:

Post a Comment