Wednesday, November 25, 2015

Looking Good for Thanksgiving

More preparations, including shopping for last minute items yesterday, have us about ready for Thanksgiving. Except for food preparation that is. Some of the items for dinner were done last night - like cranberry sauce and dips - so it won't be overwhelming tonight or tomorrow morning. We are, basically, ready to go.

The forecast I saw last night for Thanksgiving was the best I've seen all week. It has the rain and most of the clouds going through north of us. If we can only do something about the temperature which is still being forecast as 65-67. I guess we could do worse.

We don't especially care too much about eating and watching our weight at this time of the year, but I am not happy with where I am starting out. I have gained about 20 pounds since my surgeries a couple months ago and was hoping to get a chance to lose some of those pounds before the holiday season began. It was tough maintaining control of my weight while I was instructed not to do much of any activity during my healing process. There were no restrictions on eating. I guess I will be faced with another situation like we had a couple years ago when we lost all that weight. We'll have to start the new year with another strict diet like that one.

In the meantime, we're looking forward to turkey and all the fixin's tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment