Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Working The NFL Store

My schedule yesterday at the NFL Experience in town was from 3 PM until 11 PM last night. My second day as a cashier was at the main merchandise location at the Convention Center. It is a 30,000 square foot store that is between the three levels - on the 2nd floor - of the Convention Center. Josie and I were on the lower level and upper level on Saturday when we worked. This is what the big store looks like from behind the checkout stand where all the cashiers (15) are located:


There is not an item that you can imagine - from shot glasses to apparel to pennants to footballs - that you couldn't find in this store. We were told that every single item that was at the Pro-Bowl on Sunday sold out. There is no reason to think that the same will not happen with the Super Bowl.

This shot is one of the checkout stand where I worked for my entire shift yesterday:


My location was the third register from the right. We were extremely slow from about 2:30 when I arrived until almost 6 PM when business became brisk and stayed that way until around 8:30 PM. I left following the close-out at 10 PM and was out the door by 10:30 PM following the counting and bagging of my till. It was a lot less boring than Saturday, but I didn't get the opportunity to see much of the activities outside the store.

I am scheduled to do the same again today from 9 AM until 3 PM, so I really didn't get much time to do anything else from last night to this morning. I will probably leave here at the same time Josie leaves for her shop. I do get a day off from the NFL Experience tomorrow but I'm not sure if Sam's Club will call to have me come in for work during the day. In the meantime, have a great day everybody...

No comments:

Post a Comment