Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Moon Over Peoria

I have to start this entry with a couple photos that Josie took on the way to work yesterday. She will take pictures of sunrises when they are pretty, but this one is especially unique as it shows the moon setting over the desert at Lake Pleasant in Peoria in the west:


 while this one was taken facing east to get the sunrise that was on the opposite side of the road:


Now that the days are getting longer again and the sun will rise earlier, she probably won't get many chances at these kind of shots for awhile.

I spent the day doing some prep work for taxes and reading my book. I'm reading the story of Louis Zamperini who is the subject in the movie of the same title "Unbroken". It's quite a story and you have to be amazed at the fact that he lived to be over 97 years old after all the torture he endured during WW II.

I have to feel sorry for Patty and her family in Chicago where the latest Arctic Blast has the temperatures in the negative range. We went to 74 yesterday as our warmth has returned. Hang in there as it will once again - eventually- get to where you can enjoy the warm weather.

We will spend the day "passing in the night" again. Josie will get off work at 4:30 while I start my shift at Sam's Club at  5 PM and work until 9 PM tonight...

No comments:

Post a Comment