Saturday, January 31, 2015

Very Physical Day

Yesterday was one day I could have done without. I should have known that it would be a very physical assignment, and it was. I arrived before 9 AM and parked the truck in the rain which was steady all day, and walked to the Aramark check-in location. Here is a shot of the stadium from my parking space:



The security at the entrance was, as expected, substantial. I made it to the Aramark merchandise compound, checked in, and following a managers meeting that I didn't participate in, began my first assignment which was emptying boxes of shirts and sorting them by size and counting out different numbers of each size to re-box for distribution to the outlet locations in the stadium. Following that assignment I began the real physical part of my day which lasted through the rest of my shift. This shot shows the merchandise warehouse fairly early in the morning:


This warehouse would be practically empty by the end of the day.

I was assigned to a team to take pallets of merchandise to each of the kiosk locations in the stadium which was several hundred yards away. The rain made it miserable. The stadium looks spectacular and there were hundreds of people milling around doing various prep work for the game. This next shot is of the inside of the Team Store which the central location for apparel and other Super Bowl items:



I was able to take some photos of the inside of the stadium which is just about dressed for the big game - one of which is below:


Many groups were practicing their duties during the day, and I have this shot of the rehearsal of the National Anthem:


The day eventually came to a close for me at approximately 5:15 PM and my Accupedo mobile application recorded a total distance walked of 8.73 miles for the day. I felt it when I got home at 6 PM last night.

We have one last day to work at the NFL Experience today, from 9 AM until 5 PM, and then it will be time for the final, and most anticipated, assignment of the entire effort. I saw our kiosk that we are scheduled to work on game day and it is located - get this - right next to the NBC broadcasting booth in Section 116 of the stadium. If the assignment isn't changed, it will be a wonderful experience at the biggest sports event of the year...

No comments:

Post a Comment