Wednesday, January 28, 2015

More Experience

My day at the NFL Experience yesterday was mostly uneventful. I worked at the checkout stand in the main store all day with the exception of about a half hour when I worked at the jersey customization area. That is where customers select any team jersey they want and pay $25 extra for personalization. That area is a little bit different from the main checkout area and it was good to get that experience. It started out slow and became madness at around noon and stayed that way the rest of my shift. I ended up doing over $10K worth of sales at my register.

The most interesting thing about yesterday was an individual that walked up to my register to pay for his purchase. He saw my name on my credentials badge and said "I don't believe it. In all my years I never thought It would happen, but here I am, Mike Brady talking to Robert Reed". He had his wife take a photo video of the two of us and we traded email addresses and phone numbers. Funny episode.

An interesting aspect of this whole experience is watching the different people that take the train from the first stop where we board, to the downtown stop which is probably 10-12 stops. It rivals people watching at any New York subway station or Chicago Elevated train station. There are drunks, transvestites, gays, students, and all kinds of dress codes represented. It is really entertaining.

I have off today before starting the final push to Super Bowl Sunday. Josie and I both work tomorrow, I work alone on Friday at the stadium putting together the merchandise for Super Bowl in the Team Store, and then we both work Saturday and Sunday. It is a real kick and a very rewarding experience so far...

No comments:

Post a Comment