Saturday, January 3, 2015

Surprise Response

My schedule had me working from 3 PM to 8:30 PM yesterday. I had prepared a resignation letter to present to the Personnel Manager at Sam's Club giving my two weeks notice, and indicating that I would like to re-apply on April 1 following my commitment to Aramark for the Pro Bowl, Super Bowl and Spring Training. She wouldn't accept my resignation and indicated that if I could only work one 5.5 hour shift per week, I wouldn't have to resign and could keep my seniority and benefits without interruption. Their willingness to work with me during these other events must be a sign they are satisfied with my efforts so far at Sam's Club. I don't have a schedule yet for the days I need to work for Aramark, but as soon as I get one, a copy will be given to Sam's Club to prepare a schedule for squeezing in some work time with them. So, now I have two jobs.

Josie will also have two jobs for awhile and will be juggling time between the shop and Aramark. It looks like the next couple of months will be extra busy for us. There may be long stretches where we just pass in the night but we will give it a try.

We are having our annual cold spell in AZ as the temperatures have been hovering around freezing the last few nights. The forecast is for warming at the beginning of the week and it is expected to reach the 70's again by Tuesday. Following some pretty strong winds yesterday, it is relatively calm again this morning.

We both work long days today - 8 to 5 - and have tomorrow off which is good news...

No comments:

Post a Comment