Thursday, January 8, 2015

Unscheduled Work Day

My day wasn't too far along when I received a call from Sam's Club to ask if I could work yesterday. It was before 8 AM and they asked if I could work from 9 to 6.  Evidently, one of our Greeter's called in sick and they had to have coverage. I agreed to come in, but from 9:30 to 3 PM. That was OK as they had another person scheduled for 3 to 8:30 which is closing time. I don't mind covering for somebody on my day off, but I don't relish working beyond the time I'm needed. It's not like I'm getting $20 per hour.

We set a record high temperature for this date yesterday (sorry, Patty). We reached 81 in Phoenix to break the old record of 79 for this date. I know that Chicago is still in the freezer as their high was barely in the plus figures for the day. With the wind chill, I saw that they were around -20. That is definitely dangerously cold, and the kids - and everybody else, for that matter - have to stay inside.

Josie and I both have work scheduled today. My day doesn't begin until 3 PM while she works her usual 8 to 4:30. It's another day where we only see each other briefly in the AM and at night before bedtime. There still is no word yet from Aramark on our schedules for the last two weeks in January...

No comments:

Post a Comment