Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Another Unscheduled Work day

I was just getting settled in to do some computer work yesterday morning when at 8:30 I received a call from Sam's Club asking me if I could work from 10 AM to 3:30 PM. Of course, I try to accommodate when I can, so I went in to work and did the full shift. I am scheduled to have today off, but I never really know with this company.

We received our schedules from Aramark and the information is somewhat confusing at this point. It looks - initially, at least -that Josie and I will work about 5 days over the two or so weeks during the Pro Bowl and the Super Bowl. It looks like our assignment is the  NFL Experience which will be conducted at the Convention Center in town. Further review of the confusing and long email will confirm or not confirm those assignments. If we are forced to work at the Convention Center in downtown Phoenix the whole time, we will most likely pitch the whole project as we both have other jobs that we could work that are a lot more convenient. Plus, the whole purpose for getting involved anyway was to get a chance to go to the Super Bowl. We'll know after today.

We're entering a kind of stressful period now with all the Aramark activity, so we'll see how things go over the next week or so. We aren't going to have any stress to deal with in our lives if there is any way to eliminate it...

No comments:

Post a Comment