Saturday, January 17, 2015

Crooks at Work

One of the most dreaded events at any retail store is shoplifting, or pilferage. I had a good example of it yesterday when I went to work. I was shown a couple photos on Wednesday night of a few individuals that were caught on our store cameras that walked out the back door with a basket full of merchandise. They didn't show up again on my shift on Wednesday. When I arrived at work yesterday afternoon, the pictures were again at each work location throughout the store. The same three individuals struck again on Thursday night while I was off again. This time, they walked out the back door with three baskets loaded with electronics and other merchandise. They didn't show up again on my shift last night. It's hard for me to understand how three people, with three baskets, can slip out the back door where nobody is even suppose to be close to without one of the employees that work in the back office couldn't see them. In fact, I was told there was even an employee taking out trash while this was going on and didn't say anything. Sheesh!

There was another sizable drop in the fuel price at Sam's Club. It is now down to $1.73 per gallon for regular unleaded:


As you  can see, even premium is now below $2.00 per gallon. Wow.

There was an updated schedule released yesterday by Aramark and I was added another full day on mine. Josie's schedule stays the same but I work all four days leading up to, and including, Super Bowl Sunday. We will have to get explanations on exactly where we will be working as the extra day that was added on mine was at the Stadium three days before the game. We'll get explanations when we go for our orientation training on the 22nd.

Once again, I have the day off (today) while Josie has to work. She baked some delicious cookies yesterday while I was at work. I don't know how much of those my diet can take at this point, but the weight isn't melting away like I wanted...

No comments:

Post a Comment