Monday, November 21, 2011

More Than Dust

Yesterday I mentioned that both Josie and I get sore throats and stuffy sinuses from work. Mine is more than dust, I believe, as I could hardly swallow yesterday and last night when we came home from work I had a fever of 100.6.  It was the longest day at work that I can remember. I went to bed at 6:30 after taking some flu medication and this morning I still have the sore throat, but the fever appears to be gone. I'm not sure if I can make it through the day but I'm going to try. It is our last day for the week so I have incentive to stick it out.

Our plans for Thanksgiving are set. We will repeat the last year event of going to the Creek Side Inn for the buffet dinner. We had about 30 people last year and so far, according to Scott - the organizer for the dinner, there 22 people committed. I'm sure it will grow as we get closer to Thursday. Last year our party occupied the entire second floor of the restaurant and it looks like the same will happen this year. This is the same restaurant that catered our Thanksgiving dinner at Amazon this year that was held last week - it was excellent.

The rains have returned to Kentucky and we had over 1.2" yesterday with rain still coming down this morning. There is thunder and lightening this morning and it looks like another week of lousy weather for our days off - 3 weeks in a row. The best news is that after today, we only have 4 weeks left to go...

No comments:

Post a Comment