Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Dealing With a Cold

As mentioned yesterday, I was dealing with the onset of a cold. It was a day of performing all the cold remedies - plenty of rest, drink plenty of fluids and take medications for cold symptoms. This morning seems a little better. At least I can talk. I usually come down with one cold a year, and this seems like the time of year that happens. It is said that you don't catch a cold from the cold weather but rather you catch it from germs you contacted somewhere. Why is it that I only contact these germs when it's freezing outside? My mother always said that it takes 3 days to get the cold, 3 days having the cold and another 3 days to get rid of it. I'm probably only about 5 days into the 9 day cycle. Sheesh,

Our plan is to still drive to Nashville today. We hope to leave by around 9 AM so we can spend most of the day there. Since we've already been to the Grand Ole Opry, today we plan to go to the Country Music Hall of Fame and Museum with a side trip to the historic RCA Studio B where many of the Elvis Presley and other country and western songs were recorded. It should be a fun day. We purchased our tickets online and they should be ready for pickup when we arrive.

We hope to have some good shots tomorrow from our day in Nashville, so we'll close for now to make sure the batteries are charged for the camera, have some breakfast and make sure I have all the medicine I need for the day...

No comments:

Post a Comment