Tuesday, February 6, 2018

Taxes Are Done

I love the Turbo Tax software for doing taxes. I have used it for many, many years and it simplifies the process so much that I don't mind doing taxes every year. I had all of the information available to fill in the blanks and the entire process only took about 6 hours total. We get a refund which is the main reason I wanted to get them done quickly. It will be very interesting to see the impact of the new tax laws on next year's taxes. We have a year to figure out that one.

As a Philadelphia native, I am still excited for the Eagles over their Super Bowl win. To beat a team that has dominated the sport for the last decade is a sweet reward for them. Brady can retire now - I'm sure he won't - and look at his five Super Bowl rings that he has won. It's the same kind of feeling I have about the New York Yankees - it is wonderful to see them lose.

This is a busy week for Josie who only has Wednesday off  before the Valentine's Day crush. It is the "big one" for florists, and we remember the days when we owned our own flower shop and had all the effects of the occasion - some good, some not so good.

I have one more appointment (Wednesday) with my eye doctor before the final surgery on the day following Valentine's Day. I'll be glad to get this one done and end the process. After having the first one, I know what to expect and look forward to having clear vision again...




No comments:

Post a Comment