Tuesday, February 20, 2018

Presidents Day

I didn't realize that everything would be closed yesterday until I made my first phone call to try to resolve a problem.  Just about everything was closed for the holiday that kind of sneaked up on me. It isn't one of the major holidays, so I didn't plan very well. Of course, there was no mail either, so a lot of folks enjoyed another 3-day weekend. It seems like we have sprinkled these holidays throughout the year so that about every four or five weeks, we have one that shuts everything down for three days. I should have paid better attention to that fact before selecting the career that I chose. A mailman or banker would have been a better choice.

It was very windy yesterday. I had a hard time keeping our outside carpet on the ground as the wind kept getting under it and making a parachute out of the entire carpet. The heavy rocks and spikes would not even work to keep it down. I ended up using our folding chairs (folded, of course) to place around the carpet on the side where the wind was blowing the hardest. Occasionally, we get these winds just like the California Santa Ana's. They come with the territory.

Josie has another appointment this morning before she goes to work. We are running out of appointments now which is a good thing. Before we know it, it will be time to pack up and head back to Jackson. By the way, it is 1 degree in Jackson this morning, so there is no rush to head back...

No comments:

Post a Comment