Monday, February 12, 2018

Early Olympic Results

It has become obvious one more time that the winter sports are not our forte. I was really disappointed that it took so long for us to get our first medals in the Winter Olympics in Korea. Especially since we have 242 athletes participating in the games. That is far more than any other country. I saw this morning that we are now in 5th place of the medal standings. I understand that the Scandinavian countries place more emphasis on the winter sports, but we do have some of the best training facilities and we do have areas where there is lots of snow - year-round. There is a ways to go yet, but it looks like another disappointing Winter Olympics for us. I also get bummed when I hear about many of the medals being won by individuals that train in our country but represent another.

Only three long and hard days left for Josie at the flower shop before getting some free time. This year, the Valentine's Day holiday for the shop has been busier than usual. Maybe it is a sign of the improving economy. At any rate, it is good to see the increase in business.

I am not holding my breath but I expect to hear something today regarding our open house over the weekend. Decisions will be made based on the analysis of our property manager and will be made swiftly to get some activity generated...






No comments:

Post a Comment