Wednesday, February 14, 2018

At the Door

The marathon work days are about to end for Josie. Today is the day, and after a 12 hour work day yesterday, she is ready to move on. The shop is ready to go and she will be at work at 7 AM again this morning. With today's orders not included, there are 260 deliveries so far on the board for today. I don't expect to see Josie much before 6 or 7 PM, if even that early. This is what florists love. The business depends on these holidays and goes a long way to supporting the low and slow periods during the year. Along with Mother's Day, it is a real bell ringer.

My second eye surgery is scheduled for 8 AM tomorrow morning. I'm sorry that Josie has to take me as she would love to sleep-in a little bit. With the early surgery, she will get up early again. It should be an easy morning though because I know what to expect this time. I don't look forward to the first few days of the recovery however, as the double vision, slanted view and the floaters are a nuisance. I will be thankful that both eyes will be cleared of the cataracts.

Tax time was a success this year as we received our refund today. The direct deposit was made overnight. It is amazing how much this whole tax process has changed over the years - for the better. It is one area where tremendous progress has been made...


No comments:

Post a Comment