Saturday, February 3, 2018

Post Op Appointment

My appointment for the follow up to surgery was at 1 PM yesterday. Everything looks good except that my eye pressure was a bit higher than normal. That means that the fluid that was injected in the eye during the surgery has not been fully absorbed into my system. They gave me a different kind of eye drop - to go along with the several I am already using - to help with that situation. I can say that it feels better than yesterday which was better than Thursday. Only a small amount of irritation remains. That's a good sign.

I just hope that our day at the golf tournament on Sunday will be comfortable. With the eye drops and special sunglasses I was given, it should be fine. I watched more of the tournament on TV yesterday afternoon and was disappointed to see that one of my favorites - Jordan Spieth - did not make the cut. On the other hand, Phil Mickelson is in the thick of the race and is only a few shots behind the leader - who is Rickie Fowler at this point. We are looking forward to going on Sunday morning. Hopefully, we can meet up with Austin and Troy and their friends at some point to say hello.

Josie has a work day today which helps make up for her time off to help me with my surgery and follow up appointments and her own appointment on Wednesday. She is about to hit the busy time for Valentine's Day and will be super busy from Monday through the big day the following week (the 14th). The results of her shot are still mixed, as she feels good one minute, and then feels pain the next. Maybe it will take a while for the effectiveness of the shot to kick-in...

No comments:

Post a Comment